Academic Admissions 2014 - How to Submit Your Applications Online-Step By Step Instructions. Candidates are advised to read carefully the General instructions published in the web site: http://cusat.nic.in.
1. Submission of Online Application does not reserve any type of admission to the University which is subject to compliance with Rules and Regulations of the University in force at the time of admission.
2. All Candidates applying for Common Admission Test 2014 (CAT 2014) should submit their applications online. International candidates and those applying for the B.Tech Lateral Entry (Diploma-holders)/ MBA/ MTECH programme should also submit their applications on-line. Candidates for PhD/ M Phil/ MA Translation-German & Russian / Diploma/ Certificate programmes need not submit online application form. They can obtain the printed application from the concerned Departments. (see Courses of Study) by paying the required application fee through Demand Draft, drawn in favour of “Registrar, CUSAT” payable at Ernakulam
3. APPLICATION FEE FOR ALL COURSES (OTHER THAN DIPLOMA/CERTIFICATE PROGRAMMES)
General Category Candidates Rs.1000/-
SC/ST Category Candidates Rs.500/-
Candidates who apply under NRI Quota (For B.Tech Programmes Only) .Rs.6000/-
Candidates opting test centers at Dubai should pay Rs 10000/- in addition to the above fee
APPLICATION FEE FOR DIPLOMA/CERTIFICATE PROGRAMMES
General Category Candidates Rs.100/-
SC/ST Category Candidates Rs.50/-
APPLICATION FEE FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
For all courses US$100
4. Note:- Candidates having both Plus-Two and three year Diploma qualifications and intending to apply for both regular B Tech programmes and Lateral Entry to B Tech Programmes are required to submit separate applications by remitting the fees specified i.e. Rs.1000/-+Rs.1000/- for General candidates and Rs.500/- +Rs.500/- for Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe candidates.
5. Candidates should retain sufficient number of copies of the Confirmation Page and the counterfoil of the fee chalan/e-payment receipt for their reference.
6. The online application submission is a two-stage process.
7. In the first stage you should submit a few basic details such as Name, Date of Birth, email-id, mobile phone no, etc correctly so as to get your user-id and password by SMS/email.
8. In the second stage the candidate should login using this user-id and password. Immediately you will be asked to change your password. Now you should submit all other details required in the online registration form and upload your recent passport size (color) photograph (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm or 132 x 170 pixels with the file size between 4 KB and 100 KB) and signature (3.5 cm x 1.5 cm or 132 x 57 pixels with file size between 1 KB and 30 KB)
9. Please note that once the application is confirmed by pressing the CONFIRM button, no further changes are possible.
10. If you opt for chalan payment mode, choose your bank first and then take printout of the chalan form along with the instructions page and make payment in the bank after two working days from the date of registration. Make sure that the journal number is correctly entered by the bank in the space provided in the chalan form before leaving the bank.
11. After completing the registration process you should logout.
12. Do not send any document in original or copy to the University, unless otherwise specifically requested for.
13. You should check your application status after two working days from the date of payment of fee. If your application is approved, you should take printout of the application confirmation page from the web site.
14. If the application submitted by the candidate is not approved within the time, the candidate should take necessary action as indicated in the status page.
15. Candidates for MBA/M.Tech programmes who are awaiting results of CMAT/ MAT/CAT (IIM) or GATEcan apply online during the extended period also ie from 15-03-2014 to 21-04-2014.
16. The candidates should download the admit card for the Common Admission Test from the website (http://cusat.nic.in) w.e.f. 10-04-2014 to 27-04-2014. Admit cards will not be sent to the candidate's address by post. Candidates must retain the Admit Card till the admission process is over. (To be produced whenever demanded)
17. No candidate will be permitted to appear for the Common Admission Test 2014 without a valid Admit Card.
18. Eligibility criteria for each programme are given in the prospectus. The responsibility for ensuring satisfactory compliance to the prescribed criteria is vested solely with the applicant. Claims found untenable upon subsequent scrutiny shall result in summary disqualification of the applicant concerned and cancellation of any or all admission processes undergone.
19. Kindly note that once you give your present educational qualifications you will be shown all the programmes for which you are eligible to apply. You can add as many programmes as you like to the box on the right side of the form. You can also remove the selected courses, if you wish.
20. The choice of the Test Subject/Test Centre is the sole responsibility of the applicant and the selections once exercised in the Online Application Form shall be final and irrevocable. Even if a candidate takes the CAT according to a subject of his/her choice, but otherwise does not satisfy the conditions of eligibility prescribed in the Notification/Prospectus, he/she will not be considered for admission.
21. The candidates are requested to visit their home page by logging onto the website (http://cusat.nic.in) regularly to keep themselves updated.
22. The registration number should be quoted in all communications with the University.
23. Claims/Requests for benefits under any reservations (Communal Reservation/ Special Reservations etc.) other than what is indicated by the candidate in the CAT 2014 online application, will not be considered at the time of counseling/admission.
24. The University reserves the right to add, delete or amend any of the stipulations regarding the reservation criteria, eligibility, intake, specialization, type of programmes, rules, regulations, fee structure etc. at any time without any notice and these will be applicable to the candidates seeking admission.
25. Remember, the registration number, date of birth, email-id, mobile phone no, user-id, password etc are vital information to be recorded confidentially by the candidate for future use.
How to Fill up the On-line Application Form
Login Creation for Academic Admissions
1. Enter Your Name, Date of Birth, email-id and Mobile Phone Number as per the format given on the screen
2. Name, Date of Birth, email-id and Mobile Phone Number once entered cannot be changed later at anywhere else in the application form.
3. Now you should select a secret question from the pull down menu and then type your answer in the next field.
4. You should now choose any one of the three categories of online registration viz,
- Online Registration: Indian and NRI candidates(B Tech/UG/PG) OR
- Online Registration: Lateral Entry B Tech (For Diploma holders) OR
- Online Registration: International Candidates by clicking on the radio button. Children of Indian workers in Gulf countries who seek admission in the seats reserved for them should select option 3 " Online Registration: International Candidates"
5. Please note that Lateral Entry B Tech programme is for Diploma holders. Candidates having only Plus 2 or equivalent qualification should choose option 1. Online Registration: Indian and NRI candidates(B Tech/UG/PG)
6. You should now choose your User Name (maximum 10 characters).
7. Make sure that you have entered correct data on the field boxes.
8. You can now finalize the above details by clicking the CONFIRM button after typing the security pin displayed on the screen. Hereafter you cannot edit any of the above details. Remember, the email-id already used by anyone else for online application submission cannot be used again.
Filling Online Application Form
1. Enter your personal details very carefully in the boxes on the screen.
2. In the Age field enter your age as on 1st Jan, 2014. This age should match the date of birth entered.
3. In the Reservation field choose your claim for communal reservation from the drop down menu. If you are not eligible for any communal reservation, choose "General"
4. In the "Reservatin Category" drop down menu the Kerala State reservations will be visible only if you select your ":State for communal reservation" as "Kerala"
5. Only the categories, which are eligible for Communal Reservation as per Kerala Government Rules, are given in the Drop Down Menu.
6. OEC STATUS: Enter either “YES” or “NO” depending upon whether you are eligible for OEC benefits.
7. ANNUAL FAMILY INCOME: Select Annual Family Income (range) from the Drop Down Menu. The correctness of your entry should be cross checked with reference to the Income Certificate obtained from the competent authority for the financial year 2012-2013.
8. Click “NEXT” button to proceed. If all entries are in the correct format you will be navigated to the next page of the form.
9. SPECIAL RESERVATION: Select Special Reservation Category/Categories applicable to the courses for which you wish to apply and for which you are eligible. (E.g.: -NRI reservation is applicable only for B.Tech courses and if you select this you are required to remit Rs.5000/- in addition to normal application fee)
10. ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATION: Select your Eligibility Qualification carefully from the Drop Down List for the course/courses, which you wish to apply.
11. COURSE APPLYING FOR: Select the course applying for from the Drop Down Menu. If you wish to apply for more than one course select “OTHERS”.
12. SUBSIDIARY SUBJECTS: If you are a Graduate you should select the subsidiary subjects of your degree correctly from the Menu. If it is more than one main system enter the other two as subsidiaries. This field is not visible if the eligibility qualification is Plus-two/ equivalent.
13. PROGRAMES TO WHICH ADMISSION ARE SOUGHT: This field is visible only if the Course Applying For is “Others”. You may select one or more of the Programmes to which you seek admission if they are compatible with the Eligibility Qualification entered earlier. There is only one test for all branches of B.Tech programmes and 5 year Integrated MSc in Photonics. For all Management Programmes viz. MBA FT&PT, MBA(IB), MBA(TT) you should have a valid CMAT/MAT/CAT-IIM score.
14. TEST CENTRE: Select test centre from the Drop Down Menu. You should select a second choice test center also. If you choose Dubai as your first choice then your second choice will be Ernakulam by default. Test Centre once selected cannot be changed under any circumstance.
15. TEST SUBJECT: The test subjects for CAT 2014 that are compatible with the Academic Programmes chosen are displayed and you may select the necessary test subject from the list.
16. Click “NEXT” button to proceed or “PREVIOUS” button to go back.
17. UPLOAD Your photo and signature: Before proceeding for online registration, you should save your recent passport size color photo image and your signature image in your computer. Photograph should be 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm or 132 x 170 pixels with the file size between 4 KB and 100 KB and signature should be 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm or 132 x 57 pixels with file size between 1 KB and 30 KB. JPG formats only will be accepted. In the Photo/signature upload page click the browse button and choose the path of your photo/signature images in the computer. Then click the "Upload" button.
18. FEE PAYMENT: You can choose either e-payment method or chalan payment method. Follow the instructions given on the screen for e-payment. In the chalan mode you will get necessary instructions on a separate page which will be automatically downloaded along with the chalan.
19. Now you may press the “SUBMIT” button for a preview of the details you entered. You should satisfy yourself that all the required details have been entered correctly in the online form.
20. If any entries are incorrect /missing, press the “BACK” button for going back to the particular form for necessary corrections.
21. If the candidate is satisfied with the entries, press the “CONFIRM”, button for completing the registration process.
22. You should note down the Registration Number when displayed on the screen.
23. Application Print-out: At any time after successful submission of your application, you can download your application print-out for reference.
24. Application Approval Status: You should check your application approval status in the web site after two working days from the date of payment. If your application is not approved, do necessary remedial action as indicated in the status page.
25. Application Confirmation Page:All candidates must keep a copy of the Application Confirmation Page duly signed by them. You can download your Application Conformation page only after approval of your application by the University.
26. Candidates must keep sufficient number of e-payment receipts/fee-paid chalan receipts and Application
The Director, IRAA, CUSAT, Kochi -682022
Ph : +91-484-2577159, 2577100 Fax: 0484-2577688